|
|---|
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Grass, I love the smell of freshly cut grass, walking barefoot feeling the blades rustle on your feet. We have a small piece of lawn in our garden, the neighbours have got rid of theirs, but I will never take out ours, I love that we can lay on the grass, roll around on it, put up tents, have picnics, lounge around on blankets, and just enjoy its softness. My husband may not agree as he is the one who cuts it !!
New shoes, and green ones too, not sure yet when I'll wear them and what with but they are very nice and very high!
55JKG23TXK9S
Recently I posted about our planting and gardening exploits, one of things we have planted is mint. In our local garden centre I found some wierd and wonderful varieties: We now have Lemon mint, Banana mint, Strawberry Mint, and Chocolate mint, absoultuely lekker (as the Dutch say, delicious) especially in a cup of green tea. Or, I have been trying other recipes too and making all kinds of cocktails.
Ginger Ale and Martini with the lemon mint is yummy!
I keep seeing people posting and twiterring about Pimms, I can't find it here in the Netherlands at all but I am sure it would really go down a treat and mix well with my mint!
Tomato plants, another of my newly found green fingered exploits! Lets hope the tomatoes don't stay green and turn red to make lovely summer salads.
This post was for The Gallery over at Tara Cains, Sticky Fingers
55JKG23TXK9S
Labels: Family Life, Gardening, Life in Holland
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




















