|
|---|
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each Tuesday we get a new topic on which to make a Top Ten list. This week's topic is: Top Ten Bookish/Blogging Resolutions for 2011.
Blogging:
1. Be more consistent with my blogging. This pretty much means not posting nothing for a week, then spamming six things at once.
2. Locus Focus. I've let that lovely meme slip by a couple of times here lately, and I don't like that. It makes me think about what I read in a different way, and I want to keep doing it.
3. Mr. Toast's Creative Tuesdays. I tend to channel my creativity into literary and/or philosophical argument. I joined Mr. Toast's fortnightly Creative Tuesdays for the first time on 1 January, and I think it was quite good for me! I tend to consider myself "not an artist" because the men in my family are all quite skilled in the visual arts. Compared to them, I'm NOT an artist, but ya know what? I don't need to compare myself to them. :)
4. Consistency in responding to comments.
5. Comment more on other people's blogs. I read a lot of blogs--really I do. I just often feel I've not much to say about things, and occasionally, I get shy. (Bev, if you're laughing at that, cut it out! LOL)
Bookish resolutions
1. Try out some new authors. Since I carve my leisure reading time rather aggressively out of my dissertation reading/dissertation writing/class planning/class reading/class grading time, I tend to stick with old favorites. Authors with whom I'm comfortable and from whom I know what to expect. But a huge part of the fun is discovering new things, so I'm going to try to mix it up a little.
2. Keep track of all the books I read in 2011.
3. Consider a book for 10-15 minutes after I read it. I'm really bad about having read a book and forgetting it utterly in a couple of years. If I sit and contemplate the book after I finish it, I have a better chance of keeping it in the mental vaults.
4. Get more use out of the library. We really do have a pretty darn good public library here, and when combined with the Uni library, I have no excuse not to save money by frequenting their shelves.
5. Write on the dissertation BEFORE writing on the internet.
Labels: Top Ten
0 Comments:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


















